Saturday 9 April 2011

The (wild) bondholder


THE (WILD) BONDHOLER – by Diarmuid O'Flynn, the People’s Protest
I’ve been a bondholder for many a year
I’ve spent all me money on whiskey and beer
But now I’ve got troubles and problems galore
And I never will play the bondholder no more
CHORUS - And it’s no, nay, never; no nay never no more
I’ll play the bondholder, no never, no more
2
Ireland was booming, the banks wanted cash
I had billions to spare so I gave it a lash
The property market was growing like hell
My money poured in there, this boom to propel – CHORUS
3
Soon there came problems, the bubble went burst
The banks were in trouble, I feared for the worst
Ah but then came redemption, September Oh-eight
A big warm blanket, guaranteed by the State – CHORUS
          4
We were back in the clover, our bonds looking good
ECB, our big brother, made sure that they would
Another agreement, in two thousand and ten
The Irish Republic, bamboozled again – CHORUS
          5
But now we have problems, there’s movement afoot
Trouble a-brewing, down at the grassroot
Ballyhea started marching, now it’s spreading around
Contain this contagion, or our bonds may get burned - CHORUS